What better place to start a blog on “learning beyond the walls” than now. What do I mean by that? Well, I’m taking an online course from Royal Roads University called Instructional Skills Online Workshop. Because much of my work involves developing learning in flexible contexts, I feel the need from time to time to take a “flexible” course just to keep me grounded. And does it ever work. As I navigate my way through menus, assignments, blogs, wikis, forums, video clips, reading materials, notes, and other elements, I find it takes a lot of cognitive overhead just to keep track of everything and stitch it into a learning opportunity. It doesn’t just come to you–you have to work for it. A good learning experience for sure. Now that I’m set up with this blog, I’ll carry on tomorrow with some additional reflections.
Except where otherwise noted Open and Distance Learning is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- @edtechfactotum Could be a life's mission 17 hours ago
- @ammienoot Progress. Keep your eye on the prize. 21 hours ago
- @ammienoot Dig deep; I know it's there. 1 day ago
- @IrwinDev https://t.co/1NPU2HNyL3 1 day ago
- Even our default house white wine is #open #commitment https://t.co/wPpXmdGjjo 1 day ago
- RT @NewYorker: A cartoon by Christopher Weyant: nyer.cm/f2HITzI https://t.co/6M2r3dNTUk 1 day ago
- New blog post - Thing we don't want to get used to bit.ly/2uYklxo #robots #education 1 day ago