What better place to start a blog on “learning beyond the walls” than now. What do I mean by that? Well, I’m taking an online course from Royal Roads University called Instructional Skills Online Workshop. Because much of my work involves developing learning in flexible contexts, I feel the need from time to time to take a “flexible” course just to keep me grounded. And does it ever work. As I navigate my way through menus, assignments, blogs, wikis, forums, video clips, reading materials, notes, and other elements, I find it takes a lot of cognitive overhead just to keep track of everything and stitch it into a learning opportunity. It doesn’t just come to you–you have to work for it. A good learning experience for sure. Now that I’m set up with this blog, I’ll carry on tomorrow with some additional reflections.
Except where otherwise noted Open and Distance Learning is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- @ammienoot @elenstrom @realdlnorman Accidentally deleted this pic - putting it back fwiw. #timeforabreak https://t.co/3CT8rfY5gy 27 minutes ago
- @Prof_Alistair @WFGP @thesiswhisperer Don't forget reorganizing paper clips in the desk drawer. Essential. 1 day ago
- @mkinchina @tanbob pretty sure I can help with that 1 day ago
- Good timing - just picked up a bunch! Is there such a thing as a #rhubarbarita? twitter.com/mkinchina/stat… 1 day ago
- @greeneterry And don't get trapped in the sock-chain 1 day ago
- @greeneterry Githubs 1 day ago
- @econproph @clintlalonde @realdlnorman I trust you'll squeak up if that changes. 2 days ago